Archive for December, 2007
It’s been awhile since I’ve written a real newsletter. There is so much going on in right now, that I’ve been spread a little too thin.
No doubt you’re experiencing that too!
Can you believe it’s already the end of another year?!? Ack… time flies…
2008 is going to be an exciting and interesting year. Hopefully, you can make it a great year!
It seems that late December / early January is a time to reflect on the year just ending, and the new one beginning. It’s also a great time to take inventory on our life and perhaps make a little course direction.
It’s also a good time to be thankful for what we have, and acknowledge that things could always be worse.
A Personal Note
I don’t normally share much of my personal life here. There are a few reasons:
1) I’m a very private person, and
2) That’s not the purpose of your subscribing to my newsletter and visiting here.
Still, I wanted to take a few paragraphs of time to explain something that I’m grateful for, and that will hopefully motivate you to work hard on your business in 2008. Normally people are motivated to succeed in business so they can buy fancy toys, take fancy trips, and drive fancy cars.
How many sales pages or advertisements have you seen with a picture of a yacht, mansion, red Ferrari, bikini clad woman by a pool, etc…?
Friend, let me tell you… that’s not what having your own business is all about. I know my share of wealthy people who are lost, sad, miserable, and without any moral compass in their life. When your whole life’s purpose is to make and hoard money, you’re in big trouble. Look beyond the photoshopped surface of nearly any celebrity (or lottery winner) and you’ll see what I mean. I like the way the bible at 1 Timothy 6:9,10 states “9 However, those who are determined to be rich fall into temptation and a snare and many senseless and hurtful desires, which plunge men into destruction and ruin. 10 For the love of money is a root of all sorts of injurious things, and by reaching out for this love some have been led astray from the faith and have stabbed themselves all over with many pains.”
Many people say the bible says that Money Is Evil, that’s not what it says.
Note, the “good book” says LOVE of money. The bible even calls money a protection. At Ecclesiastes 7:12 it says: “For wisdom is for a protection [the same as] money is for a protection; but the advantage of knowledge is that wisdom itself preserves alive its owners.”
So, what’s the point?
If you have been spent 2007 (and previous years) focusing and measuring success solely by how much money you’re making, then you are on slippery sand, and are probably doomed for failure.
Think about it… Do you know ANYONE who has worked hard to make a lot of money, perhaps reaching their goal of becoming a millionaire say: “Hey, cool I’ve made a million bucks, I’m content with that. Now I’m gonna focus on putting it to good use, and helping others.”?
Hmm…. probably not. It’s usually more like “Ok.. I made $1,000,000, how do I make $5,000,000?”.
Especially here in the USA, that’s the stereotypical viewpoint of money. “More is better, and you can never have enough!”
Now granted, it may be hard to be honest with yourself and admit that you have this viewpoint too.
Yet, if that sounds like your mindset, why not try doing something different in 2008.
Instead of having a goal of making money, how about viewing money as a tool that allows you to accomplish something to help your family and help others? It’s called having a purpose. Some use the term “having a calling”.
I’m personally thankful that I have a home based business for a multitude of reasons. In the past (in a previous life I used to leave the house at 6am and not get home until 6pm. If you’re doing that right now to put food on the table and put a roof over your family’s head, then you’re awesome, and your family owes you a big kiss & hug each day!
Everyday I count my blessings that both my wife and I can be at home with our kids as a family unit. She doesn’t have to work a “J-O-B” outside the home (although she does spends a good deal of time doing VOLUNTEER work outside the home)
Another reason I am grateful is that I have the freedom of schedule to help my Dad. He is dealing with very bad Parkinson’s disease. It is a dreadful illness that slowly robs the victim of his muscle strength and control. Lately, I’ve been spending 15-20 hours a week, during ‘work time’ to bring him to doctor’s visits, therapies, errands, etc…
If I had a regular J-O-B, I would never be able to help him out.
Yes, having money to pay your bills AND having some extra for other items or travel is a wonderful thing.
Yet there is something so much more valuable then money!
That’s right… TIME. You only get so much of it, you can’t buy anymore, and it passes oh so quickly!
Yet, having the freedom to control what you do with this most precious gift, your time, is probably the greatest reason to build your own home based business!
Most people have little freedom over their life. “The Man” tells them when to come to work, and when to leave. For many, “The Man” says when they can take a vacation or time off.
If you have read this far, chances are you want something better for you and your family.
Yet, how do you change your life when you’re already running for what seems like 24 hours a day?
Here are some steps:
1) Have a LONG term goal, but break it up into smaller, more manageable goals.
2) Be consistent. Big things happen by a continous series of small steps. Schedule a non-negotiable time to build your business. It has to be realistic and you’ll need a committment from the rest of the family to make it happen. If you’re thinking: “Where will I find the time?”, then you might cut back on TV watching, Recreation time, or other hobbies. You might need to wake up early (Get yourself a coffee pot with a timer), or go to bed late.
But unless you’ve committed to a LONG term goal, you will be hard pressed to remain consistent.
3) Success online doesn’t usually come from hitting grand-slams or homeruns, rather from a consistent string of singles. In between those singles will be strike-outs. Don’t sweat them! Even a great baseball player only gets on base 33% of the time.
What is FREEDOM to you?
What would YOU do if you had the freedom to control how you spent your time?
Spend a few minutes to visualize what you would do.
- Would it be traveling?
- Playing with the kids?
- Learning to play a musical instrument?
- Doing volunteer work?
- Writing the next great novel?
Perhaps, it would be not having to worry about paying the bills. Or freedom to know you have enough money to buy the groceries or clothing that your family needs.
Freedom comes in many shapes and form. Choose the flavor that makes your heart soar and your mind determined.
Then make 2008 your year of FREEDOM!
How To Become More Competitive On eBay
In 2007, did you find it hard to make money selling physical product on eBay?
Don’t feel bad if you did, you’re not alone!
As eBay continues to become more competitive, sellers are always wondering… “How Can I Compete?”
Just this morning I received an email on this topic:
“Hello Mike Enos,
I am writing to you to please help me out.
I have been trying to sell on e-bay on and off for 3 years. I like to sell on eBay and want to desperately succeed, and I just can’t seem to get anywhere. The problem I see is I can’t seem to find good quality merchandise low enough to compete with alot of these sellers.
I want to do dropship,but can’t find sources with low enough priced products.
I know you have been there and can you please point me in the right direction?
Thank you in advance,
Here are some suggestions on how to compete:
- Start by avoiding overly competitive areas. Many eBay sellers gravitate to doing what everyone else is doing. For example, many think “I know everyone wants GPS units, so I’ll sell GPS units.” Ack! Don’t do that! Instead, pick a less crowded more niche type item.
- Look at the competition through the eyes of the potential buyer. If you were looking to buy that item, who would you purchase from? Why? Is it price alone? Does the seller have better support, Bonuses, Instructions, etc..?
- What can you add to increase the perceived value of the item? Could you put together an ebook “Getting the most from yoru Widget”? Or better yet, make a video showing how to assemble or use the item? Check out the blog entry below for the FREE Camtasia Video recording tool.
- Use tools like you’ll find at http://www.AuctionTNT.com to make your auctions stand out from among all your competition.
- Add your phone number to your auction ads. Better yet, get a toll free number. Having a toll free number immediately gives respect, and makes you look like a much bigger company, not someone selling out of their basement. It’s not that expensive either. The company that I use charges me just 3.9 cents per minute with no setup fees. It’s real cool! You can make the call forward to any phone number, and change it from a web interface at any time. You can send it to your home phone, cellphone, even your Skype-In number. If someone takes the time to call you, chances are they are very interested in that item and PERHAPS MORE ITEMS! Try it in a few auction ads, and watch the difference!
- Realize that there are more ways of making money on eBay then just shipping physical product. eBay classified ads are an amazing way of making money (and making residual income) without having to ship a thing. I’ve just finished putting together Auction Traffic SECRETS that shows you exactly how to do this.
- Create an information product that you can sell over and over on eBay. Do you have a skill or hobby that you’re very good at, that others would pay to learn? Then make an ebook or video to teach others. There are many people on eBay making a killing selling their own training.
- Dropshipping and selling new wholesale merchandise on eBay isn’t as easy as it used to be. You’re competing with bigger comapnies with deeper pockets that are stealing business from the “Moms & Pops”. Hey, that’s just business. If you are going to sell dropshipped and new wholesale products, focus on less popular items, NOT “hot” items.
- If you are using a Gallery image in your auction ad, make it stand out. I’m always amazed at how so many sellers do what everyone else is doing so their gallery image blends in. Be sure to do the opposite. Make your gallery image so eye catching that it almost blinds the shopper!
- If you sell a consumable item, or an item that people will need to buy again, be sure to put a label with your phone number or contact info so it’s easy to reorder. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve bought an item from an eBay seller (labels, toner, printer ink, envelopes, etc..) and I’ve been quite happy with it. Yet, when it came time to buy more, I couldn’t figure out who sold it to me. Copy what the check printing companies do. Figure a way to put a message about 2/3rds through the product usage with a message like “It’s time to reorder your widgets. Call 800-123-4567 today!” People are busy. If you sold them a great product at a great price, and you make it easy to reorder, then you’re setting yourself up for a great residual stream of income.
Well hopefully those hints will keep you busy. To succeed on eBay, you really need to think outside the box. Don’t go with the herd, or you’ll get trampled on.
FREEBIE FRIDAY - A Webinar On How To Make Money Using eBay Classified Ads.
For the past year, I have been quietly and secretly working with eBay classified ads.
I have figured multiple ways of using these to make a residual income stream on eBay, and build a scalable business.
In January, I will be giving a private webinar, explaining the process, and showing the results of my experiments.
If you would like to make money on eBay without dealing with physical product, then you’ll want to check this out.
What’s a Webinar?
It’s when we’ll be tied in both by phone and computer screen. I’ll be showing you a presentation to explain all about making residual income from classifed ads.
Here’s the problem. The technology only allows 100 attendees, so seats will go fast.
Since the webinar will be free, I’m expecting it to fill up REAL FAST!
If you want to receive webinar info, then click here and enter your info at the bottom of the screen.
If you’re already selling on eBay, you’re gonna love this additional auto-pilot revenue stream!
You’re going to be AMAZED at what you see at the webinar in January!
Could you please leave a comment in the area below?
How would you like 3 complete websites with product and sales page that you can resell
over and over and over, and keep 100% of the profits?
Not only can you learn from the training, but you can set up an additional
Click here to go check it out and see all the product info.
When you are making an eBay auction ad or a website page, you need to add some great graphics.
I picked this package up a while ago and really love it. I use a bunch of the graphics, and what I really LOVE is that I can resell the package.
I even have a video showing all that you’ll get.
Click on the image below (or here) to watch the video.
After that, click here to find out how to claim your copy.
These are very high quality images that you’ll use often. Plus you can make money selling them!
Camtasia Studio is one of the most important software tools that I use. It is a popular screen capture and recording tools that can record desktop screen to create, edit and publish training, demo or presentation videos. Now you have a chance to download, install and use Camtasia Studio for free forever legally. Thanks to a promotion on the latest Camtasia Studio 5 by TechSmith (maker of Camtasia Studio) and UK based PC Plus Magazine December issue, theyâ€™re giving away Camtasia Studio 3 for free, complete with license and serial number or product key.
Video is one of the best, fastest, and easiest ways to explain or teach something.
If you have a business, then you’ll love using Camtasia. Take any computer based job that needs to be done, and record it and save it. If you’re like me, you have different jobs that need to be done on an irregular basis. Perhaps you don’t do the job often enough to remember all the steps and details. (It’s tough getting senile!) Why remember or spend forever typing up a written procedure when you can just record the screen along with audio instructions.
You can simplify the most complex job by recording a video of the step by step on how to accomplish it. If you will be sharing the videos with others in your office, create a shared folder (I call ours “Common Procedures”), and put links to each video there.
Here is how YOU can get it for FREE!
How to Get Free Camtasia Studio 3 Serial Key
- Download the free trial version of Camtasia Studio 3
- Click here to fill in your name, country and email address in Camtasia Studio Software Key Registration page.
NOTE, Although it says for UK only, I put in my real address in Massachusetts, USA and I received a serial key.
- Click on Send Me a Software Key button when done.
- Install the camtasiaf.exe setup file that you downloaded in Step 1.
- Check your inbox for a free software serial key to unlock Camtasia Studio and remove the trial expiry. You will now using full version and fully working version of Camtasia Studio 3, which you can use as long as possible.
Although Camtasia Studio 3.1.3 is the older version of software, but itâ€™s still feature rich and will likely fulfill all your need in screen capturing, sound recording need and editing need. Version 5 only add â€˜floweryâ€™ feature such publish videos and MP3 files for portable media players, publish in Flash and support narrated PowerPoints, multiple audio tracks, and webcam video.
Downloaders can upgrade to Camtasia Studio 5, the latest version of Camtasia Studio for just $149 USD, which is 50% discount off the full retail price $299 USD, saving you $150 USD.
Check out the newest feature of AuctionTNT.com!
It’s called Auction Showcase.
This is the latest feature added to AuctionTNT.com. It’s a spinning 3D Ring that shows your eBay auction items.
The cool thing is that you can tell it what to show.
Say you sell shoes, video games, and baseball cards.
How likely do you think a shoe buyer will be in your baseball card items?
Most likely not very much!
AuctionTNT’s Auction Showcase is cool in that it allows you to define which auction items get included!
It’s so simple to use, you’ll be amazed!
If you’re not trying to upsell or cross-sell people who visit your auctions, you are missing a great opportunity (AND MISSING A TON OF SALES!)
It’s available for all AuctionTNT members. (AuctionTNT is currently offering a FREE Silver membership.)
A 4 minute video has just been released which shows how quick and easy it is to make your auction.
Watch the video and then start putting the awesome Auction Showcases in your own auctions so you can make more profits!
Be sure to tell everyone you know selling on eBay about this great FREE tool!
Today’s Fun Freebie Friday is my new website AuctionTNT.com.
I’ve had tons and tons of testimonials from those who have tried out AuctionTNT.com’s features, and they can’t stop raving about the brand-new version of FAME that allows you to build confidence in you as a seller.
A BIG time saver is the Announcement Maker, allowing you to make specific announcements on all your auctions, at the push of a button!
Now as today’s Freebie Friday, there is a free (Silver) membership to AuctionTNT.com.
But most spend just $1 to try all the capabilities that go along with the Platinum level - including all the free bonuses worth $413, too!
You have to see this!